Ads constitute a big part of our every day lives. Starting from what toothpaste is healthier to what laptops are more productive, ads play a vital role in that decision making process for almost everyone in the world.
If you are running a business and you are looking for the most effective yet low cost method to advertisement for your business, online ads offer the perfect solution. They are pocket friendly and yet have the power to get your message across to every corner of the world.
In the online marketing world, the two most popular services are Facebook and Google. We're going to talk about each of these services and how they can help your business.
Facebook Ads are a great option for local businesses for the following reasons
- Facebook allows you to target leads based on location, which makes it a great place to reach potential customers who would be walking or driving by your store.
- Using Facebook offer apps you can easily promote coupons and offers for users to claim directly on Facebook
- Using Facebook's Custom Audience targeting option you can target people's email address or phone number you have already collected.
Google Adwords and how it can help your marketing needs
When a prospective customer is searching for a product, service, promotion, or anything from anywhere in the world, they’re more likely to look it up on Google. That customer is looking for you, and Adwords helps set up the meeting.
12 reasons to choose Google Adwords
- It helps you reach your Customers whenever they want - Any business, regardless of size, wants to be found on the first page of Google. Getting seen by customers at the exact time they are looking for your information, products, services, deals or location and Google AdWords allow you to do this.
- Google Adwords Enables you to Reach Your Local Customer, Reliably - AdWords gives you location targeting options. So if you’re a locally based business, a regional company, or an e-commerce site (with, say, country shipping restrictions), you can geo-target to get seen by your consumer.
3. Google Adwords Enables you to Show your Location to Searchers - By using Google Places in conjunction with AdWords, you can show a map of your brick-and-mortar shop with your ads.
4. Google Adwords Enables you to Show Your Contact Information - Google Adwords uses something called Ad Extensions for this. Ad extensions let businesses like yours enhance their Google Adwords with phone numbers, addresses, app downloads, site landing page links, reviews, previous page visits and lots more. They show up in blue and appear just below your ad description. Here’s how a coffee chain uses them:
5. Google Adwords Enables you to Target Highly Specific Searches - Google Adwords works based on keywords. The more targeted your keywords (and keyword phrases) are the better Google will rank your ad. You’ll also reach a lot more consumers who want exactly what you have right now.
6. Google Adwords Enables you to Follow Your Customer with Retargeting - You’ve seen it, I’m sure. You visit a site, stay on it for a while, and then leave. But then you keep seeing ads for the company, or even the product page you were on. That’s retargeting.
7. Google Adwords Enables you to Reach Your Mobile Customer Where They Are -
Your customer might be right outside your door when they’re searching for your products or service. Google AdWords gives you loads of mobile optimization options and allows you to target with both text ads and image ads.
8. Google Adwords Enables you to Choose, and Optimize, Where your Ad is Seen -
Google has tons and tons of ad partners. You’ve may have read a blog in your own marketing niche, and seen ads specific to that niche. More than likely that blog is part of the Google Display network, which makes it easy for you to advertise on popular niche sites - where your customers are.
9. Google Adwords Enables you to Get Measured Results -
Google AdWords gives you tons of customizable options to track and measure all of your campaigns in one dashboard.
You can, for example, set and track your own goals for:
- Return on Investment (ROI)
- Traffic to your Website
- Brand Awareness
- Sales and Conversions
You can also measure the results of each of your Google Adwords within your ad groups. You can see metrics like:
- What keywords are performing the best
- What headlines get the best click-through-rate
- The times your ads are best performing
10. Google Adwords Enables you to Control Your Own Budget - Google Adwords lets you set your budget for each ad you run - and you can change it whenever you want.
11. Google Adwords Enables you to Run Multiple Campaigns for Your Marketing Needs - One of the best thing about Google Ads is that your can run a whole bunch of different ad campaigns for a whole bunch of your marketing objectives.
12. Google Adwords Enables you to Continuously Improve Your Results - Unlike offline advertising, it is very simple to monitor your real ROI on Google AdWords. It’s also pretty simple to tweak your ad copy to get better results, and improve your profits.
Facebook and Google Adwords are a cost effective and easy way to promote campaigns in making them successful. Check out the rest of our guides for more details on how to get started in creating them.