Comment Form 7 is a popular plugin for Wordpress than many people use for their forms. Here's how to integrate the leads that come in through your Wordpress forms with Evergenius, using Zapier.
Install CF7 to Zapier Plugin. This is a free plugin available on Wordpress's official plugins site. Check compatibility with your version of Wordpress and contact your webmaster for information on how to install plugins if you are not sure how to do this.
Set up your Webhook. When logged into Zapier, click on 'Make a Zap' and search for 'Webhooks by Zapier' in the search bar. Select it and click on 'Catch Hook' before continuing.
3. Generate a Webhook. Click on 'Set up Webhook' on the left and copy the unique Webhook URL generated. Click on Continue.
ATTENTION: keep this URL safe and secure - do not let anyone else use it, as it must be generated once per form!
4. Set up form in Wordpress. Back in Wordpress, click on the 'Zapier' tab in your form and paste the Webhook URL into the URL bar. Tick 'Integrate to Zapier'. If you still want to receive the form submissions via email as before, tick 'Send CF7 mail as usually'. Click Save.
5. Fill in the form. After saving, fill in the form so that Zapier has data to receive.
6. Return to Zapier. Back in Zapier, click on 'Test This Step'. Click on 'Ok, I did this' after filling in the form.
7. Select your submission. If you have done every step up to here properly, the form you submitted will be listed on this page. Select it and click Continue.
8. Choose an action app. Search for Webhooks by Zapier. Select POST and click Continue.
9. Fill the data fields. The data fields must correspond to values accepted by Evergenius as listed here. For example, first_name, last_name, email, and so on. This can vary based on the nature of your form. Click on the + sign on every line to add content from your form so that it corresponds to the value. All of this data comes from the form you filled in that was transmitted to Zapier from your Wordpress site.
All data that does not have a matching value in Evergenius should go with the additional_info value.
REMEMBER: There is one mandatory data field: company_name. This is the name of your Evergenius account (may be different from actual company name depending on how it was set up). Without this or with an incorrect name, your leads will not show up in Evergenius! You can find your company_name value in the upper right hand corner of Evergenius.
In the URL (required) field at the top of the page, paste this URL: https://app.evergenius.com/api/services/opportunity. Select Json as Payload Type.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page to Headers and paste 846a06e4-14f6-4c42-ace2-af07046ed798 into the bar on the right side, and on the left side type app-key. Click continue.
10. Test the step. On this page, click 'Send Test to Webhooks by Zapier'.
11. Check the submission. Go into Evergenius and verify that the data has been submitted. If everything has been performed correctly, you will see your CF7 form submission zapped into Evergenius.