Due to changes in Instagram's API, we have to make a couple of changes to Wishpond's Hashtag Contest App. I'll explain these changes in this article.
This article will explain:
- Changes are to Wishpond's Hashtag Contest App
- What you need to do (and when) if you're running a Hashtag Contest
Changes to Wishpond's Hashtag Contest App
1. You must connect your Hashtag Contest with an Instagram Business Account
On the Advanced Options step of Wishpond's Hashtag Contest App, you will need to connect with an Instagram Business Account that is connected to a Facebook Page (this is required by Instagram's API).
- How to change an Instagram Account to an Instagram Business Account (also called a Business Profile)
- How to connect an Instagram Business Account to a Facebook Page
2. Photos must be tagged with your connected Instagram Business Account handle to be entered
(This is done the same as tagging any kind of Instagram Account in a photo)
These changes will come in to effect on Dec. 10. See the section below for how these changes will impact your Hashtag Contests.
What you need to do if you're running a Hashtag Contest
If you Publish or "Save and Schedule" a Hashtag Contest after 10:00AM PST Dec. 10
You won't have to make any changes to your contest - the changes to the app will already be in effect.
If you Published or "Saved and Scheduled" a Hashtag Contest before 10:00 AM PST Dec. 10
- Photos that were entered in the contest before Dec. 10 will not be affected. They will still appear in your accounts and in your public Hashtag Contest gallery.
- Your Hashtag Contest will automatically be paused at 10:00 AM PST
- You will need to edit your Hashtag Contest and connect to an Instagram Business Account that's connect with a Facebook Page (see the "Changes" section above for details on how to do this)
- Publish your Hashtag Contest
- After you publish your contest, people will need to tag their photos with your connected Instagram Business Account handle to be entered in your contest
Note: If you have any questions about this, please email email@example.com