In this article, I will show you how to use Pre-Filled Form Fields on your popups.
Pre-Fill Form Fields allow you to pre-fill the fields of your popups with the information you already know about your Leads. For example, if you already know the email address of your Leads you can pre-fill the ‘Email Address’ field for each unique lead when they visit your landing page.
Why should you do this?
Pre-filling your form’s fields cut down on the amount of work a person has to do to fill out your form. And this makes it more likely that they will convert into your form.
How to Pre-Fill your Pop Up Form Fields
1) In the Pop Up editor, hover your mouse over the form and click 'Edit Form'.
2) Once all of the form fields have been added to your popup click on "More" then "Auto-Submit"
3) Enable “Auto-Submit form if all fields are filled”.
4) Then go to "Pre-fill form fields" and you will see the unique landing page link to use to pre-fill your Form Fields
5) In the link, you will see a label for each field in your form. In this URL, for example, you can see “first name” for the First Name field, “last-name” for your Last Name field and“Email” Newsletter..for your Email field
6) Next, we take the link and paste it into an email that will be sent to our List. In the below screenshot we are using Wishpond’s Email tool for this, but you can also Newsletter. Replace the [https://www.wishpond.com/lp/1788839/autosubmit] part of the URL to yours Landing page’s URL.
7) Next, replace all of the “add_value” placeholders with merge Tags that correspond to each field. You can see below that I have replaced each with Merge Tags.
8) When a Lead gets this email in their inbox, the landing page link will look like this:
9) And when they click on it, they will be taken to the landing page with each of the form fields pre-filled with their unique information.
P.S: If a lead clicks on the pre-fill form fields link but has not given you their information for one of your form fields, then the field will remain blank for them.