CNAME stands for 'canonical name' and is a redirection to the zone file of the entered target domain.
With Wishpond Campaigns, you can choose to host your campaign on your own Domain, you just need to follow these steps:
- Choose where you campaign appears in step 2 (Advanced Options) at the top
- Choose your custom domain( i.e. icecreamshop.com/winfreeicecream)
How to link to your Domain:
- Log into your hosting control panel and look for a "DNS Settings" section (or something similar) for the domain name
- Now you'll want to add a CNAME record.
- Make your CNAME record for and have it point to "wishpond.com".
- Now you just need to wait a bit. This can take anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours depending on your host. You'll know your domain is working when you see a green checkmark next to its name.
Once you follow those steps your domain name for your campaign will be your own custom one without "Wishpond" in the URL.
*If you don't mind having wishpond.com in the url but want to put your own subdomain, choose "Custom Wishpond Subdomain"
Note on SSL
Starting February 2018, Wishpond has started to provide SSL for publishing the Wishpond on https for custom domains.
The way you do this is identical to how you would publish your campaign on custom domain via CNAME record change. From your DNS CNAME record section, add a record that points your chosen subdomain to "tls.wishpond.com" instead of "wishpond.com" or "insecure.wishpond.com."
If you encounter problems with the SSL certificate failing with an error that says "certificate not trusted" or a similar message, make sure that you have added letsencrypt.org in the CAA DNS record for your top level domain. For information on how to add the CAA DNS record, please see https://letsencrypt.org/docs/caa/