To start an Automation Workflow, first begin by deciding what conditions or criteria you want to apply in order to segment a specific audience. Examples of this could be users who:
- Are part of a list
- Viewed a specific page
- Received a email
- Have over a certain lead score
Once you select which condition or conditions you want to apply, you can then decide which actions you want to trigger. In the same way that you can apply multiple conditions to a workflow, you can also trigger multiple actions.
Here’s an example of what a very basic workflow could look like.
Joins New Member Mailing List → Send “Welcome to Our Mailing List” email.
To set up an automation workflow:
- Click on “Email Automation”
2) Choose the type of automation. You can select Standard for now.
3) Choose which conditions will trigger the automation workflow. For more information on the different conditions, click here.
4) Scroll down and select the condition settings options. (If “Add leads who currently match these conditions” is not checked off then the workflow will only pull in leads starting from after when the workflow is created and will not trigger based on people who have previously met the workflow conditions.)
5) Scroll down and select your actions. For more information on the different types of actions you can trigger, click here.
6) Click “Launch Workflow” on the top right of the page
7) Name the workflow, and click “Launch Workflow”
You have just set up a marketing automation workflow!