When you are using the custom domain publishing option to publish your landing page to your custom domain, You must make sure to point your subdomain to wishpond.com. Here are the steps to be followed:
- Enter your domain or root domain name and optionally a subfolder
NOTE: A common mistake that many users make is failing to understand the difference between root domain and subdomain. Root domain would be your main domain, which would be "Yourwebsite.com" in this case. And anything like www.yourwebsite.com, subdomain.yourwebsite.com would be subdomains of your rootdomain.
2. Login to your web host settings and link your domain
- Log into your hosting control panel and look for a "DNS Settings" section for the domain name
- Now add a new CNAME record with "subdomain.yourwebsite.com". If it asks for a host, put "subdomain".
- Have your CNAME point to "wishpond.com".
3. Now you just need to wait a bit. This can take anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours depending on your host. You'll know your domain is working when you see a green checkmark next to its name. But please note that DNS propagation might take up to 48 hours.
4. Back in our Wishpond dashboard click on "Publish”.
*Please also refer to this sample video. The method of accessing DNS settings may vary depending on your hosting service provider. This is an example of CNAME Record Change via Cpanel. Please also note that this video shows old version of the Wishpond editor, but the method remains the same*
Starting February 2018, Wishpond has started to provide SSL for publishing the Wishpond on https for custom domains.
The way you do this is identical to how you would publish your campaign on custom domain via CNAME record change. From your DNS CNAME record section, add a record that points your chosen subdomain to "tls.wishpond.com" instead of "wishpond.com" or "insecure.wishpond.com."