Using Pre-Fill Form Fields
In this article I will show you how to use Pre-Filled Form Fields on your Landing Pages.
Pre-Fill Form Fields allow you to pre-fill the fields of your Landing Pages with the information you already know about your Leads. For example, if you already know the email address of your Leads you can pre-fill the ‘Email Address’ field for each unique lead when they visit your landing page.
Why should you do this?
Pre-filling your form’s fields cuts down on the amount of work a person has to do to fill out your form. And this makes it more likely that they will convert on your landing page.
How to Pre-Fill your Landing Page’s Form Fields
1) In the Landing Page Editor, click on your Form to select it. If you don’t already have a Form, you can drag one into your landing page from the yellow left-side button.
2) Click on the ‘More’ then choose 'Pre-fill form fields'.
3) You will see the unique landing page link to use to pre-fill your Form Fields.
4) In the link you will see a label for each field in your form. In this URL, for example, you can see ‘email’ for the Email field and ‘City’ for the city field.
5) Next, we take the link and paste it into an email that will be sent to our List. In the below screenshot we are using Wishpond’s Email Newsletter tool for this, but you can use any email tool you like. You can see that the ‘[Insert Landing Page URL] part of the URL has been replaced with our landing pages’ URL.
6) Next, replace all of the “add_value” placeholders with Merge Tags that correspond to each field. You can see below that I have replaced each with Merge Tags.
7) When a Lead gets this email in their inbox, the landing page link will look like this:
8) And when they click on it, they will be taken to the landing page with each of the form fields pre-filled with their unique information
P.S.: If a lead clicks on the pre-fill form fields link but has not given you their information for one of your form fields, then the field will remain blank for them.