How to use Pre-filled Form Fields
In this article I will show you how to use Pre-Filled Form Fields on your Contest.
Pre-Fill Form Fields allow you to pre-fill the fields of your Contest with the information you already know about your Leads. For example, if you already know the email address of your Leads you can pre-fill the ‘Email Address’ field for each unique lead when they visit your contest.
Why should you do this?
Pre-filling your form’s fields cuts down on the amount of work a person has to do to fill out your form. And this makes it more likely that they will convert on your Contest.
How to Pre-Fill your Landing Page’s Form Fields
1) In the Contest Editor, click on your Form to select it.
2) This will open the Form Field Editor
3) Navigate to the Pre-Fill Fields Tab
4) In the Settings tab, you will see the unique Photo Contest link to use to pre-fill your Form Fields.
5) In the link you will see a label for each field in your form. In this URL, for example, you can see ‘Email’ for the Your Email field
6) Next, we take the link and paste it into an email that will be sent to our List. In the below screenshot I am using my personal Wishpond account email, but you can use any email tool you like (even our Wishpond newsletter tool!). You can see that the ‘[Insert Contest URL] part of the URL has been replaced with our Contest’ URL.
7) Replace all of the “add_value” placeholders with data that corresponds to each field.
8) When a Lead gets this email in their inbox, the landing page link will look like this:
9) When this person now clicks on the link it will prefill the email field automatically with the email address we added to the URL string like this: